Via an integrated and coherent approach, promoting sustainable development provides the opportunity to join together all our company values, whether in our internal practices or through the project assignments we carry out for our clients.
Sustainable development underPINs our values
Environmental and social issues are becoming a greater challenge every day in light of the climate changes, the erosion of biodiversity, urbanisation and the constant depletion of natural resources. Without the extensive development of methods and practices by all economic actors concerned, such environmental degradation will increase significantly in the future.
To Artelia, it is this permanent innovation in the way of designing projects and imagining the future which is at the source of sustainable development. Our group fully adheres to the need for this progress, as well as to the values and commitments required for it to take place.
An efficient organisation to drive sustainable development
A Sustainable Development and Corporate Social Responsibility Committee, bringing together managers of group sectors and support services, was set up as of late 2010. This Committee proposes objectives and actions, and then oversees their implementation. The best practices inherited from Sogreah and Coteba were rolled out across the Artelia group during 2011. The process was incorporated into the new group Management System, with a view to constantly improving Artelia’s sustainability performance.
The Committee is backed up by:
- The Sustainable Development, Quality Assurance and Health & Safety Department.
- A Sustainable Development Manager and a Health & Safety Manager.
- A network of correspondents responsible for promoting the sustainable development approach in each business unit.
- A network of technical leads to encourage monitoring and experience-sharing in the group’s main areas of expertise.
- An Environmental Technical Committee, charged with identifying emerging issues and sharing lessons learned regarding environment related methods, professional tools and techniques.
- An Ethics Committee