The joint venture OTV / STEREAU / HYDRATEC / ARTELIA was commisioned by SIAAP for a « design and build » for the rebuilding of the biggest treatment plant in Europe, « Seine Aval » in Achères, west of Paris. The aim is to introduce a new primary decantation step with lift station between pretreatment and biological treatment.
HYDRATEC subcontracted ARTELIA for a hydraulic physical model study, from the outlet of the pretreatment to the 4 pumping stations, in order to confirm/optimize the hydraulic design and to ensure proper and safe operation.
Aims of the physical scale model
- Improvement of the hydraulic operation : headlosses, surface vortices, prerotation at the pump suction, transition between existing structures and project structures.
- Operation of the emergency weirs (by-pass).
- Study of the transient phenomena and surge analysis (in case of pumping station electrical disjunction).
- 30 sand traps outputs, 5 counting channels, 4 pumping stations and 2 emergency weirs
- Large number of measuring devices : 11 electromagnetic flowmeters, 22 level sensors, gates position monitoring.
- New control-command system : motorized gates and electronical monitoring
- Spatial and temporal monitoring of the disjunction wave, in case of partial / general electrical shutdown.
- Number of pumps: 16 volute pumps.
- Nominal flow rate: 34 m3/s.
- Pumps diameter: 700mm.