Certas Energy, an affiliate of DCC Energy, acquired the Esso retail network in France in 2015.
The existing Esso network includes:
- 274 Esso-branded unmanned forecourts,
- 48 Esso-branded motorway concessions.
Artelia had been managing the Esso network in France since 2001, collaborating successfully with Exxon in the context of its European Capex programme. Following the acquisition by Certas, Artelia was appointed to provide a wide range of services:
Since 2015, Artelia manages the investment programme for 19 motorway sites. Our services cover the design phase, permitting, tendering, construction supervision, HSE, through to handover.
Artelia was appointed at the end of 2016 to manage the “Synergy” reimaging campaign. This very ambitious campaign consisted in rolling out the Synergy concept on 310 sites in just 6 months. Artelia’s services covered the tendering/appointment of contractors, procurement from equipment suppliers on behalf of Certas, monitoring of works during execution, site acceptance and as-built drawings. The programme was delivered on time.
Artelia was awarded a 3-year contract for Maintenance Management services for 325 sites. The services cover full end-to-end handling of all maintenance activities.
- Artelia manages all contractors and sourcing to achieve best value and savings for the client
- Full financial budget management
- Full performance reporting and defined SLAs and KPIs
- Proactive maintenance activities to reduce costs and breakdowns
Artelia used a fit-for-purpose, fully flexible and innovative IT system to manage the maintenance programme in order to put in place long-term investment and maintenance plans to reduce costs and increase uptime. The aim is to help our client move from reactive to proactive maintenance. The mobilization procedure was highly successful with all data transferred and optimized procedures set up from the incumbent supplier, supporting all functions for a well-coordinated go-live.
Artelia’s environmental department set up a dedicated project team to support Certas in the management of environmental issues, especially remediation. Artelia handles a portfolio of more than 50 sites for:
- site assessments (soils, groundwater, soil gas, desk top),
- soil and groundwater monitoring,
- human health risk assessments,
- follow-up of in situ treatment works (pumping, bioremediation, venting),
- supervision of excavations during renovation works,
- technical support during negotiations for in and out transfer.