A hydraulics laboratory with a surface area of more than 11,000 m²
Hydraulic physical scale models are incomparable resources when it comes to analysing and discussing the most complex development projects.
They are a state-of-the-art complement to numerical models, and irreplaceable at all stages of a project. They help to find and validate technical solutions in complex configurations, and are a source of savings, a guarantee of safety and an invaluable aid in communication and consultation.
Nearly a century of experience in a wide variety of services
Artelia’s hydraulics laboratory, located in the outskirts of Grenoble, studies the following subjects:
- coastal and estuarine development and environments
- port infrastructure development
- maritime structure stability
- port access channels
- ship stability at berth
- river development and environment
- torrent risk management
- infrastructure crossing flood plains
- hydraulic sizing of dams
- water intakes, pumping stations, complex structures on sewerage networks
- forces on structures
- subsurface flows and polluted soil containment.
The hydraulics laboratory, which has ISO 9001 and ISO 45001 certification, is also able to provide the following services:
- assistance in building and operating models in other laboratories
- technical inspections and quality audits
- rental of wave flumes and tanks
- provision or rental of equipment (sensors, tide generators, bathymetric survey equipment, etc.)
- rental of models (breakwater protection blocks, etc.).