Médipôle Lyon Villeurbanne is the result of 4 healthcare establishments operated by La Mutualité du Rhône and 2 operated by Capio in the eastern part of Lyon being combined on a single site.
The challenges faced by Artelia in this complex, large-scale project are as follows:
- The company is responsible for most of the design and construction supervision services: engineering (excluding the structure), supervision of works, environmental aspects, operation and maintenance, and economic aspects. Our partner Sanaé Architecture has produced the primary design of the central technical facilities.
- Construction of a "sustainable" building with HQE "excellent" certification while complying with budget requirements.
- Compliance with the works budget and risk control in general, which is one of the Owners' principal demands.
- Use of innovative technical solutions: on the building façades (insulated double walls), via the convergence of the building's and user's digital systems, in order to meet the requirements of tomorrow's "digital hospital".
- Careful inclusion and optimisation of operation and maintenance aspects right from the design stage to provide the most ergonomic building possible at the optimum overall cost.
- HQE-certified building: 60,000 m² on 7 levels | 5 ha of land
- Capacity: 740 beds and spaces
- 28 operating suites | 2 C-section suites
- 250-seat amphitheatre