"Hotel de la Ville"
The Reale Mutua Group is a leading Italian insurance group that operates not only in the insurance sector but also in the banking and financial services and real estate sectors The Group has gradually acquired real estate assets comprising entire buildings located in central, prestigious areas mainly in the cities of Turin, Milan and Rome.
The Hotel De La Ville is an 8th century building situated in a magnificent location at the top of the Spanish Steps, dominating Piazza di Spagna, one of the most symbolic places of the Capital.
The hotel is currently closed and has 192 rooms which will be reduced to 105 after a full restructuring and refurbishment. The hotel will offer various categories of luxury and comfort. The meeting rooms will be modernised or rebuilt, for an exclusive location in the centre of Rome.
Artelia was appointed as a “one stop consultancy” for the Project.
The keys for success will be:
- Development of detailed design and construction documentation
- Value engineering studies to have flexibility and the possibility to manage design adjustments effectively, without affecting the overall budget
- Careful selection of Artelia specialist designers and project managers with wide hospitality experience;
- Early engagement with the Authorities;
- Simultaneously developing mock-up room while design still underway;
- Careful and transparent procurement of contractors and suppliers;
- Strong Construction Management team on site;
- A good relationship with all the stakeholders