Thecamp: the first European campus dedicated to emerging technologies and new usages
Situated in Aix-en-Provence, thecamp opened on 28 September 2017. Following completion of the “physical” construction phase of this base camp intended to explore solutions for the future, the “human” construction of its ecosystem can now begin in earnest. Designed as an open-air experimentation area, this campus of the future is a place where innovation and emerging technologies are being permanently demonstrated, used and tested by campers in real conditions before they are deployed at a larger scale.
The aim is to transform regions and explore new usages thanks to projects that have a positive impact and encourage link-ups between the different players responsible for innovation.
The environment is one of the themes undergirding the design of thecamp. Artelia was able to draw on all its expertise in this area, in particular by supervising operations to achieve Mediterranean Sustainable Building (BDM) “silver” environmental certification.
Artelia motivated and assisted with all environmental innovations to be found in the project.
- Materials with a low environmental impact
- Innovative renewable electricity production: SmartFlowerTM developed by EDF.
- The driverless shuttle.
- A 7 ha area left in its natural state
- 2 residential hotels│ 150 rooms│3058 m²
- Work areas│ 10 circular hubs │3050 m²
- Accommodation in separate houses │ 16 studios │1050 m²